A residential home spa in Winter Park, FL, submitted by Walker Zanger of Charlotte, NC, captured the first Grande Pinnacle Award. The award was presented to Leon Zanger by Mauro Albano, manager of the Marmomacc Trade Show. The project, known as NeMo (New Modern), captured the attention of the judges with its natural materials, neutral colors, a water feature and an abundance of light combined to create a harmonious, tranquil and resort-like master bathroom/spa suite, the organization noted.
The award, which was designed by Tobia Scarpa of Venice, Italy, an award-winning architect, designer and restoration specialist. In addition to the award, Walker Zanger also received an all-expense paid trip to Marmomacc 2009 in Verona, Italy.
The Pinnacle Awards honor projects that demonstrate exceptional beauty, creativity, ingenuity, and craftsmanship in the use of granite, marble travertine, limestone, and other natural stones.
The 2008 Pinnacle Award winners are:
- Grande Pinnacle Award and Residential Interior/Exterior Award of Excellence were presented to Walker Zanger for NeMo (New Modern).
- Commercial Exterior Award of Excellence was presented to Dee Brown, Inc. of Garland, TX, for George A. Purefoy Municipal Center in Frisco, TX.
- Commercial Exterior Award of Excellence was presented to Titan Stone of Fort Lauderdale, FL, for Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, FL.
- Commercial Interior Award of Excellence was presented to Rugo Stone of Lorton, VA, for 2101 L Street in Washington, D.C.
- Renovation/Restoration Award of Excellence was presented to Dee Brown of Garland, TX, for Old Red Courthouse Clock Tower in Dallas, TX.
- A special Pinnacle Award for Artistry and Technology was presented to two MIA member companies Campolonghi Italia SrL of Massa, Italy and Dee Brown, Inc. of Garland, TX, for “Illumination” Solar Light Sculptures in Culver City, CA.
- An Award of Merit in the Residential Interior/Exterior category was presented to Walker Zanger of New York, NY, for 25 Bond Street in New York, NY.
- An Award of Merit in the Commercial Exterior was presented to Marble World, S.A. de C.V. of Garza Garcia, NL, Mexico, for Club Campestre Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico.
- An Award of Merit in the Renovation/Restoration category was presented to KEPCO+ of Salt Lake City, UT, for the Utah State Capitol Podium in Salt Lake City, UT.
To view a copy of the 2008 Pinnacle Awards brochure which depicts the winning entries, or to see the actual awards presentation, visit www.marble-institute.com/awards.