The Marble Institute of America (MIA) has expanded its popular continuing education (CEU) program for architects, designers, kitchen/bath dealers, and landscape architects to now include CEU credit for facility tours. The “Natural Stone: The Evolving Marketplace, Technology & Product Applications (facility tours)” course was unveiled by MIA’s education committee chair, Joshua Levinson of Artistic Tile.
Levinson commented, “With over 75 member companies delivering CEU classes to the design community, the natural question was; how can we also offer credit for a tour following the traditional classroom CEU?” The team at Kansas City based Sturgis Materials offered a program concept, and over twenty MIA members collaborated to create the necessary outlines to get the facility tours CEU credit approved by:
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID);
- American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA);
- Interior Designers of Canada (IDC);
- Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC);
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA); and,
- National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA)
- Stone facilities with only a stone showroom;
- Stone facilities with a stone showroom and tile/slab warehouse;
- Stone fabrication facilities with a showroom & tile/slab warehouse; and,
- Quarries with a production/fabrication facility.
The “Natural Stone: The Evolving Marketplace, Technology & Product Applications (facility tours)” course is one of six CEU classes now available. Three new classes will be rolled out later this year. To learn more about the MIA CEU program, go online to www.marble-institute.com/ceu.