Tile of Spain Demonstrate Range of Innovation, Design at NeoCon 2011
Spanish tile companies and products on display included:
- Ceramica Elias offers a variety of products manufactured through both handmade practices and contemporary innovation. The various grades of roughness and flamed surface differ in each tile, enabling Elias to create beautiful, warm atmospheres for both interiors and exteriors. The Provenca Series appears as an aged, worn product with a very rustic appearance. Available in three colors to evoke the look of traditional terracotta fired in moruno kilns (where products were partly burnt, under-fired and well-fired, depending on kiln conditions). Elias also offers a variety of mesh-mounted mosaics in a variety of design and format.
- One of Keraben’s newest introductions is the Transit Collection. With a stylized 33x97 format and attention to the latest market trends, the new collection stands out for its soft color, lending living spaces greater spaciousness and continuity.
- Natucer earned the Alfa De Plato Award for its new architectural collection LifeArq, innovative wall solutions for architecture and urban environments. A study of light and space resulted in four classes of ceramic, each with a specific characteristic and function designed to satisfy the needs of the construction and design markets for an active and dynamic society. The collection includes Bamboo, narrow porcelain columns in a variety of colors that when grouped together create a sunshade or can be used for architectural solutions. Colors include Frost, Dark, Crimson, Yolk and Gem. Format is 3.1” diameter x 11.5” and 3.1” diameter x 2.8”.
- Roca Tile Group, known for its commitment to sustainable products and manufacturing practices, displayed new products that offer a wide range of design including Rock & Rock. This unique double-press, through-body porcelain collection, includes the large format 24”x48” sizes and offers stone texture technology. The collection is available in crema, gris and negro.
- Dune showed an expansion of its popular Megalos series which creates a wall of waving motion in white or silver 11.8” x 23.6” format. Dune’s Emphasis Collection features vivid colors and glossy finishes. The collection includes micro tessels that allow for both floor and wall use.
- The newest collaboration between Saloni and Roberto Verino is the Contempora Collection. This white body, rectified tile offers a wide range of wood plank looks that accomplishes the most rustic chic to sleek contemporary.
- El Barco offers the Orion Series from CeramINK Collection. Through the use of advanced digital printing technology, the collection offers a contemporary take on the classic look of stone.
- Azulcascais from Land Porcelanico takes its name and inspiration from the natural stone, typically found in Portugal. This full-body, technical porcelain tile, is available in formats 45x90, 22.5x90, 30x60 and in colors ivory, moss and graphite.
- Ceramicas Aparici flawlessly captures the look of concrete to meet minimalist design needs. This rectified porcelain tile is double-fired for ultimate durability and is available in both standard thickness and Aparici’s slim tile option, SLIM4. Novocemento is available in formats 45x90, 22.5x90 and 30x60 and in colors Marfil, Gris, Brown and Negro.
- Ceramicas Cas offers the Sevillanos Series, a new collection emulating classic appeal for residential space. With a wide range of pattern and design, the series conjures the look of classic Spanish motif.
- TAU Ceramica’s newer ceramic collection is inspired by the most spectacular marble materials to offer interior designers elegance and exclusivity. The Breccia, Livorno and Colonna collections are as timeless, majestic and beautiful as the material by which they are inspired. The predominant feature of all three models is spectacular sparkle and a very natural yet technically complex finish. Colonna is directly inspired by the noble material used to build the square of the same name in Rome, best-known for the majestic Aurelian column. The marble used for the Colonna series is grayish in color and is available in a lapped 45x45 format, with 60x60 amber, beige, grey and ivory versions.
- Using the best methods of manufacturing from natural clays and firing at high temperatures, Industrias Ceramicas Brancos offers Gres Bisbal, a klinker material with high durability, non-slip and frost resistance.