"The education and designation programs at NAHB strive to improve professionalism and innovation in the home building and remodeling industries," said Jim Sattler, chairman of the NAHB Education Committee and a builder from Cedar Rapids, IA. "These individuals fully embrace these ideals and stand out as leading professionals in their fields, incorporating innovative practices and techniques which ultimately benefit their customers and shine a positive light on our industry."
The 2011 Designee of the Year award winners are:
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) of the Year: Debbie Grazioso, CAPS, owner of P&D Remodeling, Middletown, NY.
- Certified Graduate Associate (CGA) of the Year: Diana Lucero, CAPS, CGA, CGP, vice president of construction lending for New Mexico Bank & Trust, Albuquerque, NM.
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) of the Year: John Gunkelman, CGB, CGP, CGR, president of Dakota Construction, Fargo, ND.
- Certified Green Professional (CGP) of the Year: John Ela, CGP, chief executive officer and president of Epoch Homes, Pembroke, NH.
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR): N. Claiborne Porter, CGP, CGR, president of NCP Design/Build Ltd. and the principal of NCP Architects and Planners, Anchorage, AK.
- Graduate Master Builder (GMB): Daniel Adams, CGB, CGP, GMB, president of Daniel Adams Construction, Pinehurst, NC.
- Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP) of the Year: Michael Chandler, CGB, CGP, Master CGP, president of Chandler Design-Build, Mebane, NC.
- Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR): Alan Hanbury, CAPS, CGP, CGR, GMR, treasurer of House of Hanbury Builders, Inc., Newington, CT.
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP) of the Year: Donna Stapleton, CMP, CSP, Master CSP, MIRM, general manager for Westgate Village, Chicago, IL.
- Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM) of the Year: Gaye Burwell Orr, CMP, MIRM, president and partner of Coldwell Banker Advantage New Homes, Raleigh, NC.
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) of the Year: Susan Heston, HCCP, compliance and data analyst for the Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing, Columbus, OH.
For additional information and to register, visit:www.buildersshow.com.