ALEXANDRIA, VA -- Coverings has announced a call for entries for its Project: Green contest, which is sponsored by ED+C Magazine -- a BNP Media publication and sister publication to TILE Magazine. The contest is open to architects, designers, builders, contractors, distributors, retailers, manufacturers and installers, and projects must have been completed within the past two years (January 2010 to January 2012), and may be located either within the U.S. or internationally. Multiple entries are accepted and encouraged, but a separate form should be filled out for each entry.
An independent panel of judges will evaluate entries based on the following criteria:
- Use of tile and stone in the project areas being considered, including where and how much
- Aesthetic Design: Aesthetic attractiveness and/or uniqueness of the installed finish (0-20 points)
- Positive Environmental Impact: Environmental effectiveness and/or significance of the project design, installation and/or operational strategies not regularly addressed by green building standards or rating systems (0-5 points).
- Products with recycled/reclaimed content (0-10 points)
- Low/no VOC adhesives, grouts or sealers (0-10 points)
- Salvaged/refurbished/reused materials (0-10 points)
- Use of tile or stone products instead of competitive coverings to achieve better performance-based benefits: such as extended material longevity and durability; reduced maintenance; lower replacement frequency; enhanced user safety (0 to 10 points)
- Products with other third-party environmental acknowledgements and/or LCA reports (0-10 points)
- Products designed to reduce building energy loads (0-10 points)
- Products with innovative environmental technologies not addressed in items listed above (0-10 points)