JACKSON, MS -- Those who are planning to attend The International Surfaces Show (TISE) in Las Vegas, NV, at Mandalay Bay from February 1 to 3, 2022, are warmly invited to stop by the National Tile Contractors Association (NTCA) booth #4751 for a van-tastic experience. NTCA is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year and the association is ready to roll with unique experiences to mark the occasion.
Live on the show floor, NTCA will host one of its training vans, a 2018 Ford Transit, extra tall and extra long – emblazoned with logos of companies that are currently sponsoring the NTCA Training and Education program. This is the day-to-day vehicle of NTCA trainer, Robb Roderick, who tours the country bringing NTCA workshops and regional training programs to a location near you.
However, at TISE, this van will be a centerpiece of the NTCA booth, outfitted just as though it was traveling to a workshop.
“I want contractors who are not familiar with our programs to see the van and ask questions,” said Jim Olson, assistant executive director of the NTCA, who oversees the training programs and scheduling. “Besides being a rolling billboard for our generous program sponsors, the van houses equipment and materials that are used in workshops around the country. At TISE we will open the doors, give small van tours and offer the opportunity to members to record testimonials on-site.
“Contractor attendees who come to our booth will receive a NTCA 75th Anniversary t-shirt, along with some other surprises,” he added.
Meetings and Receptions
Other NTCA events at the show will include the meeting of the NTCA Technical Committee on Monday, January 31 in the South Pacific F Room, North Convention Center, from 1 to 5 p.m. This meeting is open to the public. Come join the discussion, see what NTCA is working on to elevate the industry and let your voice be heard.
That same night, NTCA will hold a reception for its ambassadors from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Palm Foyer, South Convention Center, Level 3.
NTCA: Training on the TISE Live Demo Stage
No TISE is complete without NTCA training sessions on TISE Live Demo Stage, and this year is no except. This year the program will focus on skinny tile, exterior tile and geometric tile.
Tuesday, February 1
Skinny Tile: Understanding and Installing – 8 to 9 a.m.
- Skinny tiles are catching fire with specifiers and designers and emerging as a new star in the tile industry. These products come in many sizes from 2 x 8 and 3 x 16 inches and much larger such as 1 x 5 feet or bigger. In many instances, these skinny tiles offer unique new looks and alternatives to traditional rectangular tiles such as subway tiles.
NTCA staff trainers team with a designer and manufacturer of skinny tiles to bring you an in-depth understanding of how the tiles are made, how to use them to create beautiful designs and how to specify and install them as the finish of a durable tile system.
Skinny Tile: Installing Demo – 1:15 to 1:45 p.m.
- NTCA staff trainers demonstrate the proper tools, setting materials, techniques and teamwork needed to layout, cut, score, snap and install skinny tiles of all sizes to produce a long-lasting, industry standards-based installation.
Exterior Tile: Understanding and Installing – 11 a.m. to noon
- Tile installed outside requires in-depth understanding and specialized system considerations to account for all environmental conditions. Tile installations in areas of high temperature fluctuations with high moisture content and freeze/thaw conditions can fail if the tile and installation methods used are not understood or properly designed, specified and installed. NTCA staff trainers and a tile manufacturer will instruct you on the correct selection of tile and installation methods to manage the effects of temperature and moisture on exterior installations.Large- format porcelain tile in a variety of sizes and thicknesses, along with new methods of installation, will be discussed in detail.
Exterior Tile: Installing Demo – 2:15 to 2:45 p.m.
- NTCA staff trainers will show you products and installation techniques using pedestal systems, drainage systems and the sand bed method of installing porcelain tile pavers.
Wednesday, February 2
Geometric Tile: Understanding and Installing – 8 to 9 a.m.
- Geometric tile sizes like rectangles, octagons and especially hexagons have long been a part of the tile industry. But, a recent trend towards large versions of these patterns offers many creative design options for floor and wall tile installations.
Geometric Tile: Installing Demo – 12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
- Learn how to center a space and lay out a variety of patterns for geometric tile types such as chevrons, hexagons, etc., from NTCA staff trainers.
TISE 2022 will follow all local health guidelines, including Nevada’s mandate for masks to be worn in all public places, regardless of vaccination status. The rule applies to all indoor space and includes all casinos, meeting spaces and convention centers, as well as restaurants/bars in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada.
To find out more about TISE, visit www.intlsurfaceevent.com. Be sure to come by NTCA booth #4751, tour the van, meet NTCA staff and trainers and learn more about how NTCA can help support your business and industry knowledge.
Report Abusive Comment